Sunday, October 19, 2008

telly.

yesterday was the first saturday i stayed in scv. it was as if destiny tailor-made this day for me. hometown steez. at about 11am a juicy text from jules woke me up. we talked for about an hour. then i met up with my folks for brunch (spam, rice, & eggs. woo) at hundred islands. vanessa's mom dropped in for a big to-go order just as i called vanessa to see if she wanted to go to target with me. all the parents are chatting for like thirty minutes. i follow ness's mom to their pad. then ness & i gossiped as we browsed beauty stuff at target.

went home and realized that home saturday night means snl. amy poehler is one dope female.

then i got my american on and indulged in all my fave shopping sites. i love handbags. esp ones designed with dr. bag handles and one long shoulder strap. i could live without them, but these make my list:

stella & le sportsac. (she also made luggage!)

chloé for fall

woo.

which reminds me, i have to admit i get hooked watching the rachel zoe project on bravo. i really don't watch tv, but when i do turn it on i love how this show is always on while i'm getting ready. i know, i'm a fashion cliché. just a little bit. like i judge a prospective apartment based on the closet space.

just like i do judge dudes based on their footwear. i can't lie. and i don't know about ones who do their hair.

mmm luggage. passport. plane. maps. my ideal job.

i think i'm the anti-capricorn. or capricorn re-inventing.

i did a nice long bike around the hometown today. went to whole foods for lunch and decided to make dinner for the fam tonight. my cuban mojo pork ribs, guacamole, sweet cucumber salad, black beans, and rice. the folks were stoked. they were so relaxed & loving the food, it was kind of a trip.

i also connected with my male counterparts, get a bit of that vibe going again. it's been a while. warm up for a male-majority meeting in the morning. funny people.

the coast is the prize.

friday sunset. east on wilshire




to figueroa




to york & ave 56.


home cooking.

No comments: