Wednesday, December 03, 2008

smitten.

"viva america!"
sepulveda & santa monica blvd.


downtown haze.


the narra group suite.


oh wow. i'm finding myself a bit shy to talk about my new objet du désir. i gotta get used to this. it started out as a distraction to counter other distractions, but since last night HIV/AIDS education is now my focus. the coincidences surrounding this eye-opener is ridiculous. i'm in love.

and won't be sleeping the next few days.

months.



i don't do clichés. and as dope as the new evan roth vid is for (red)wire, HIV/AIDS education is not a novelty. i have condoms in my car, in every pocket of every one of my handbags, in my makeup cases, in my jacket pockets, and in my macbook case. why?

to give to people who don't already carry some.
for health reasons.
so that the joy of sex can be fully realized.
etc. etc.
why not.
there's not one negative thing about having them.

what's even more real: a male counterpart was digging through my purse for a lighter one night during dinner, and when he saw the condoms it was seen more as a negative instead of it being very smart and OBVIOUS. when i called him out on it, he really had to take a moment to get back to his usually liberal/pragmatic/logical/reasonable self. it's like, she's having sex? and with who? or how many who's? these are the questions that come to mind when some people see condoms. when really, the only questions that the word "condom" should ask are, do i have one on me in the event that i hook up tonight? and if wearing a condom means having "safe" sex, what does it mean if i don't wear one? unless you or your partner are tested, you won't know.

hiv tests are free & simple and if you're sexually active should done every three months (it takes three months for antibodies to develop in your body after one has been infected).

this is the vernacular. essential like water. like change in my pocket.



or a joint in my mouth.

up. all. night.

No comments: