Wednesday, September 24, 2008

toughy.

that's what i'm calling myself. or that's what i admit i am when someone calls me out as one. i'm a toughy big time these days. i just feel the need to be more protective of my shit lately. i really got to ease myself into things. doucement for real.

why am i not back in ventura this week? a coast would be nice right now.

it's fine.

rain by swv. until this moment (pandora playing) i had forgetten that song ever existed.

sunday morning i decided to take the coast road from ventura to lake shrine. sometimes the most simple things can be so beautiful. the only way i could describe it. i think you know what i mean though. see for yourself. it's better than religion. sacré.

the cali sun gives me a different color than the med sun. don't know how to describe it. cali sun and my skin are in love.

so it's funny how things just come and go. and come and go again. and again. i feel like i'm on some train, just forcing myself to trust that the tracks are going in my favor. as soon as i think i've forgotten something significant it comes back to remind me. so i guess it's still valid. meaningful.

?

i'm not trying to think about it. it is as it is.

like ten rolls of film i just developed. when i re-discovered my pentax at the beginning of 08 there were a couple of rolls in the bag. the last time i remember using that camera was in 05. over the summer i discovered more rolls while moving out of barce. then again while packing for home. never felt compelled to develop them until a few days ago. i just got them back last night, and i can't stop looking through them. 05 is right. lots of q photos... new york... santa monica... newport beach... vegas... all kinds of images. it's a trip. overwhelming. just when i thought i'd forgotten.


weekend with ate & q.




thai lunch.



q on sunday morning.



sunday morning drive.




true blue tuesday hook up.

No comments: