Tuesday, September 16, 2008

the coast.

so i'm on one finally. it's been decided to skip hi and take advantage of ca while i can. $500 for 3 days on an island or close to nothing for my sister's condo. for the week. or longer not sure. it's tempting to just keep going north. haven't driven my coastline routine since 98. ten years.

the sun's shining. brisk. sweaters and bikinis. cool enough to wear my purple crocheted hat.

the ocean is warm! nice surprise.

the sun's going down. real slow. getting cool. the first time i feel comfy in a sweater and socks. the bikini stays. while i could never see myself in a place that's cold for a long period of time, i do love it when it's cold. only at the beach. and as it's only getting warmer again in l.a., it's perfect coincidence to be here now. good excuse to stay in, or out actually, but have nothing to do and be okay with it. don't think.

“it is only when we forget all our learning that we begin to know.” -henry david thoreau

i would love to keep this calm when i get back to l.a.

part of a letter i'm working on (like it's a book or something):
so i've really got to keep my feet on the ground. l.a. is home, but it's not comfy home yet. it's been a while. it seems to me that the most reasonable place for me to be asap would be the coast. that's the only thing that could really keep me here. constant coast views.



homegrown, shiraz and letters.

1 comment:

MONKEYfightingSTYLE said...

welcome back to the best coast mjane!