Monday, May 02, 2005

ground control

jane's little body is screaming, "jet lag." yet, i haven't been able to do the sleep thing yet. oh how lovely it would be if i could just sleep straight through tonight.

fam from PI came in on saturday morning. and then the coincidences commence.

mark took me to the new active boardshop that opened in my parents' hood, my hometown, to check out the biz at some demo that chocolate was doing. and above mass craziness of crowds and cars on the ground, i see my boys one at a time going up and down in the air, comme flying, glowing beings. nice to see them skating, in all places, of all weekends, my first weekend back in good ol' santa clarita valley. even better, it was great to see everyone smiling. it's a belated greeting, but fuck y'all, vraiment, here's to an amazing 2005. smiling faces - it's been a long time since i've seen the homies' teeth shinin'. except for meza, who somehow always graces me with the presence of his pretty grill every time we see each other. i swear, aaron, you wear that smile like a tie.

it's all good.

i'm so tired. got a long way to go still, but i feel as if my time here is already slipping. for real though. in yellow submarine fashion, "it's time for time." and so it is. en autre mots, c'est chill... non angoisse... pas probleme... juste tout amour.

"who do you ride for?"
"chocolate."
"can you sign my shirt?"

(jane witnessing a moment b/ roberts and a fan) (too cute)

No comments: