Thursday, December 09, 2004

beaucoup de " " 's

i just read my horoscope. and i'm glad i did because it actually had some very nice things to say about capricorns and getting ahead "professionally". as opposed to, what, getting ahead personally? romantically? i'm not sure. i mean, who really knows what being "professional" really means? maybe it's one's ability to sell themselves, how they are able to communicate the idea that they're "different". as in, maybe if i were more "professional," i'd be getting paid to maintain this blog. who knows! nonetheless, i'm supposedly "on the right track." nice.

. . .

i've been really out of the loop as far as "pop" culture goes. but i did some catching up today while watching some t.v. and flipping through some magazines. conclusion: i haven't really missed much. all the hype is the same old shit! everything is so commercial that i feel like the world is back in the 80s. just hike up the price tags on all the old ideas, sell it as "retro", "vintage" or "throwback"... switch up the "commies" to "terrorists"... dynasty for reality tv shows; et voila, welcome to the new millenium.

there is hope, though. turn off the t.v.

1 comment:

amyrottencore said...

i love you girl, but don't EVEN get me started. I love TV and I'll argue to the death about this. I'd rather not argue because I'm petrified of confrontation but I just gotta say, TV RULES and I'm leaving mine ON.