Thursday, February 03, 2005

la prefecture des alpes-maritime

what a day. my day started off with a meltdown, including i-don't-know-who-i-am-anymore rants, freaking out about my status in eu, whether or not getting my carte de sejour (a.k.a. green card) would be worth jumping through all these hoops, how will i be able to travel in and out of eu, being ridiculously homesick, etc. etc. etc. then reality hit, and i had to get out of bed to face la prefecture (in my case, it's immigration-office equivalent) and see for myself what my options are.

and after waiting three hours to talk to this lady about the possibility of transferring our files from paris to nice, not only did the lady say it's a go, she okay'd me for a ten-year visa (instead of the one-year paris said i was only qualified for), and processed mackenzie and my temporary cartes de sejour on the spot. stoked.

thank you mackenzie.

No comments: