Saturday, March 05, 2005

j'adore monte carlo

people in the south of france can say what they want about monaco, but it will never change the feeling i have for the place. it was love at first sight when mackenzie introduced me to the principality in the summer of '01. and every time i come back to the cote d'azur, i'm in hot pursuit of getting sweet, beautiful monaco to love me back. well, today, it happened. while spending the day there with mackenzie and julian, i whispered "i love you" to its charming streets and deep blue waters. and by the time we were in the car on the way back to st. paul de vence, she finally said it back. now i'm hooked - and if cote d'azur is the place i'll be calling my second home in months to come, be sure of the fact that a spot in monaco is the first place i'll be working my ass off for in order to do so.

it's worth every penny earned and saved even if just to feel closer to my roots every time i walk along the port.

In 1988, when my grandfather passed
He left me a Monte Carlo and a large amount of cash
It was, bubble gum blue with the leather plush seats
And I just can't thank you enough for all the stuff that you done, G
See my grandmother told me take care of the ride
And always do your best to keep it clean inside
So I just past the go and get the candy paint
Leather white, outta sight, that made the girls faint
See my partner, Eric, he got stereos
And my partner, Steve got true and bolds
And my dog, Black got european fronts
And this nigga named Duke hook up all the humps

~ cutlass, monte carlo's, & regals, big tymers

No comments: